Friday, December 15, 2017

Tips to Boost Creativity

When it comes to writing, making music, painting, or sketching we all sometimes run into artist's block. Our minds struggle as it searches for inspiration, but usually by this point the cause is lost. However after years of making art I have found that it is easy to over come this by practicing some easy guidelines.

Three things that help
  • Come into your artwork focused, well fed, and rested
  • Be comfortable in your work place
  • Stay in the room!


Focus is key
Art is almost all mental, it's about taking your visions, emotions, and thoughts and turning them into a physical masterpiece. your mind and body should be focused on your art, not trying to tell you that you need sleep, water, or food.



Have a comfortable workplace
Make sure your workplace is a comfortable environment for you to work in. This place should be both physically as well as physiologically welcoming. Try to get it to the right temperature, the right lighting, etc... Many artists prefer to work alone, so if that's the case try to find a time when you can do that. You should feel free to turn on your favorite music which can help invoke rhythm and emotion.



(Stay in the room!)
Stay in the room!
When sitting down to start your work you should try to have as many things that you will need as possible around you. I like to bring all my brushes, paints, colors, pencils, computer, food, water, papers, and other materials with me into my crafts room before even starting. If you tell yourself “I'm not leaving till I come up with an idea” your mind is more likely to scramble for one. If you plan to look outside of the internet, your mind, or your room for inspiration that is fine. All I'm trying to say is that a little motivation is good for your imagination!



There are exceptions


No two artists are the same. We all have different styles, techniques, and systems for out unique art. For instance I'm an artist that thrives off of rebellion, so if I read an article telling me how to capture inspiration I would probably try the opposite. However artists like my friend Dustin thrive off of structure. As your artistic journey continues so will your knowledge for your own preferences. Good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment